Most of us already know the benefits of Vitamin C. Especially you probably heard about these while conversing with your dermatologist. It’s because the component seemingly solves even the most complicated skincare problems. People who have acne, uneven skin, damaged skin, and other skin problems can immensely benefit from this serum.
We have always known about the benefits of Vitamin C for our body, right? However, very few of us know that almost every face cream in the market uses Vitamin C to bring out the glow in our skin. So, the wide array of uses of Vitamin C is still unknown to most of us.
Apart from brightening your dark spots and protecting your skin from sun damage, there is a lot of other uses that a vitamin C enriched serum can do for your facial skin. Let’s take a look at the following,
- It Fights With Wrinkles– The natural antioxidants present in the vitamin C enriched face serum fights with wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. This is undoubtedly a handy tool to look forever youthful. Research shows that the nutrient components in the face serum aids in new skin issue generation and protects the damages.
- It Fixes Your Damaged Skin– A lot of people face sun damage on their facial skin due to a thin layer that burns out in the scorching heat. Also, people, who have prolonged exposure to the sun, face flakiness, rough areas, and redness on their facial skin. All these problems can be solved within a finger snap by applying Vitamin C serum daily on your facial skin. There is research to back up this fact that Vitamin C significantly improves skin appearance over time.
- It Tones Your Skin– If you have uneven skin due to hormonal issues or any other conditions, Vitamin C could be your ideal solution. The serum improves the damaged capillaries and tones your skin.
- It Hydrates Your Skin– Generally, people don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle where they maintain the necessary amount of water required for their body to stay hydrated. However, you can keep your facial skin hydrated by applying a little bit of serum on it.
Things To Remember Before You Use It:
Not all vitamin C is created the same way. If you have not chosen the serum from a reliable company, it may irritate your skin as well. So, let’s take a look at the things that you should remember prior to applying a Vitamin C serum.
1. Use The Serum In The Morning
There are no certain hard and fast rules against using Vitamin C serum. However, you can yield the ultimate benefits of Vitamin C serum when you use it in the morning. It’s because the serum will protect you from the UV rays during the day time. Make sure you don’t apply the serum right before you’re going out as it takes some time to absorb into your skin. Once it’s absorbed, it’s ready to protect your skin.
2. Apply The Serum On A Clean Skin
Doctors suggest that the serum should be applied to freshly cleansed skin. A lot of people make mistakes while applying the serum and are unable to yield the benefits of it. Therefore, you should cleanse your skin at first and apply the serum before you apply any moisturizer on it.
Also, the different product contains a different concentration of this Vitamin. This can bring up different effects depending upon the concentration used in the serum and the way you’re applying it. Therefore, you should be careful about the use of the product.
If you have sensitive skin, you should use a lower concentration so that it doesn’t irritate your skin. However, people who have oily skin can use higher concentrations as their skin can handle the same.
3. Don’t Use It With Other Products
Some people have the habit of combining products before they apply them to their skin, thinking that it’s beneficial. However, if you have sensitive skin and you’re combining products with vitamin C, then you should be a little careful.
If you’re using different products, then you can use them at other times of the day but not at the same time when you’re applying the vitamin C serum.
4. Store The Product Properly
Vitamin C can lose its potency if exposed to light and air. The serum can become oxidized and become less effective. Therefore, it should be stored in a proper manner in an air-tight container so that it doesn’t get exposed to air or any other substances.
Also, make sure you buy the product from a reputable company so that there are no side effects of the product. Over time you can have glowing and youthful skin for a lifetime.