Buying a new car is quite a big step! The best thing is that it doesn’t have to be expensive. Researching and finding your favorite car takes work. Though most people use mobile technology to make it easier, sometimes it doesn’t help, especially if you don’t know what factors to look at.
The most important steps to follow when buying your car
1. Research the car you want plus its features – There is so much information online about the car the car that you want. Who needs cars that are not their favorite anyway when you can easily find the best that you want without breaking the bank? There are millions of sites that give proper information for each type of car that you want to find out.
2. Get approval for loan – Your car loan is important. More important is understanding how much you can afford and what interest rate you are to pay compared to the dealership financing. Always look for a loan that is friendly to your pocket and one whose interest rate is average.
3. Plan your trade-in – This will only affect you if you have a trade-in. Before you go to the dealership, get an appraiser to tell you how worth your old car is. Be honest about the condition of your car, no matter where it stands.
4. Locate and test drive the car of your choice – By now, you must have settled on a car or a few cars to choose from. Whatever site you have found the car or cars, visit the physical location to view them and test drive them. Most of these cars have a variety of options to choose from with different features. Do not be carried away by the wide variety of choices. Even after the test drive, if you need more time to think through your decision, don’t feel obliged to buy your car on the same day you view it.
5. Check for any sale price or warranties – Once you settle on a target car, now focus on getting a price. Ensure you get a quote that comprises of the whole price and anything extra that is included. Also ask for a preview of the products that the dealership is offering you like an extended warranty, a prepaid maintenance plan, etc.
6. Close the deal – If everything – the price, the financing, and the fees look right – then go ahead and say yes to the deal. Most people prefer to close the sale at the dealership. Once you have agreed on a price, then go to the finance and insurance office and sign the contract as well as any forms for the additional services as agree and required.
7. Have your car delivered – Whether you choose to take your car home or have the dealership deliver it, it is now yours. If delivered by the dealership, the car should be clean with the tank full. Give the car a final walk-around to ensure it does not have any dents or scratches that may have occurred during the transport process. Allow the salesperson to give you a final run down of important details like pairing it with your smartphone or demonstrating other important and safety features.