You should run your blog as if it’s a real business. A “perfect” blog post will receive a lot more traffic, will be shared more, rank high in search engines, improve your brand and of course, make you more money.
You should start blogging for these seven reasons. You already know blogging is valuable, which is why you already have one. But, if no one visits your blog article, how are you going to generate those links, or even more traffic or sales?
You should always write for your reader. It is important to optimize your blog as well as possible.
Regardless of your blog post, if you do not pay attention, you will suffer the consequences of losing your followers. So, make your interest clear because if you don’t have a major interest in writing, then you cannot take your blog longer.
According to a study, business logging leads to 55% more website visitors. A well-written, thoughtful, and frequently updated blog not only shows your readers that you’re an expert in your field, but that you want to use your industry expertise to help solve their problems.
Blogs that have more frequent and regular posting schedules tend to develop an audience quicker.
1. Once you have decided on the topic of your blog, you should stick to it. Don’t change topic from time to time. If you do this, you won’t have regular readers. When your blog is focused, new visitors or readers will know at once what your blog is all about.
2. Blogs should appear inviting for comments. The topic should be able to build comments from readers. Comment is an excellent way to generate feedback from your readers or target market.
3. Place an RSS feed button on your blog to allow subscription of the content. Make it easy for interested readers to subscribe to the information you provide on your blog.
4. Let the readers know about you. Placing an “about us” page builds trust among your readers. It makes reading more interesting when you know the persons behind the content or the blog. It gives readers a real piece of you.
5. Images or pictures appeals to the visual and aesthetic side of the readers. Sometimes texts are just too hard to read. Image complements texts as it provides further information and at the same time it keeps the reader hooked on your text.
6. In posting content, be direct to the point. Say what you want to say as short as possible. If you have a long post, then at least divide it into sections.
7. Build links. Links increase readership and at the same time it gives your blog a better ranking on the search engines especially Google.
8. Headlines should be descriptive and direct to the point. Readers usually read the headline first. If the headline doesn’t seem to contain the information they are looking for, they will leave immediately without even reading the content of your blog.
9. Arrange you archives by topic. This way, it will be easier for your blog readers to look for the content they are looking for. Avoid the usual archiving by date. Who remembers dates anyway?
10. If there are information related to your posts, include it in your blog. Readers will appreciate if you give a little of information from other websites, books or quotes.
11. Make yourself available offline. It builds trust among your blog’s users. Other than that, it avoids cases wherein the blog’s comment spaces are used to contact you. Include an area for the most read or top posts. Some readers are looking for these posts and it is important that you give them what they want readily.
12. Include an index on your website. This will make browsing easier for your users. In choosing a URL for your blog, find a name that matches with your blog title. It lets your online users and readers find you online easily. Include a reward section on your website for top commentators – users who regularly post valuable comments on your website.
These are the 12 ways to improve the usability of your blog. A blog that is not usable will not be of help in your web marketing campaign. For those webmasters and web marketers who are serious in getting higher search engine ranking through blogs, usability of the blogs should be one of the top priorities.